CommPlexity: Communicating Complex Ideas
The best ideas and solutions paint a picture of a future that others can see, others can feel. They allow us to envision that future state and think, “life will be better when we get there!” Well-articulated ideas and solutions outline a clear call for action, some specific first steps we can take together to start down a new pathway. When our ideas and solutions address complex issues, clear pictures of destinations and pathways can be difficult to communicate.
That’s why we offer CommPlexity, a workshop that will equip you to clearly communicate complex issues and your ideas, solutions, and strategies for addressing them. CommPlexity is based on a proven methodology developed by organizational consultant Bob Sadler. We are thankful for Bob’s expertise and gracious generosity in helping us develop CommPlexity.
This learning experience is designed especially for leaders who work in science, technology, economic development, government, social change, and other complex fields. Here are some of the situations in which the competencies learned in a CommPlexity workshop have been effectively applied:
- A researcher presents findings or makes an appeal for funding
- A tech entrepreneur pitches a business plan
- An economic development professional shares a strategy for regional growth
- An IT manager implements a new solution across the enterprise
- A government leader explains a new policy initiative
- A civic leader builds new networks for complex collaborations
Contact us to learn more about customized workshops.
This two-day workshop accommodates 10-12 people and the sessions provide engaging interactive experiences and practices to help you shape and perfect your message. The workshop content includes:
- The CommPlexity Formula – understand the four drivers that move someone to enlist, subscribe, buy, join, support, or otherwise commit
- Strong Narratives – shape a powerful narrative so that others can see, feel, and experience what you are communicating
- Your Authentic Voice – uncover and develop your own unique way of telling your story and connecting with an audience
- Improvisation for Innovation – learn skills for thinking on your feet and for creating shared value with others