What is Strategic Doing Practitioner Training?
Strategic Doing Practitioner Training introduces you to the skills needed to enable your teams to form action-oriented collaborations quickly, move them toward measurable outcomes, and make adjustments along the way. It yields replicable, scalable, and sustainable collaborations based on simple rules. This course provides training in what and how you can use the Strategic Doing methodology. Many learners choose to take the course to develop their skills of collaboration, agile leadership, and networking.
How does Strategic Doing Practitioner Training work?
The Strategic Doing Practitioner Training is delivered in three formats. Choose the format that works for you:
- An online course over 8 weeks including 6 weeks asynchronous and 2 weeks synchronous
- An online synchronous course over four 4-hour sessions with some online learning
- In-person over 2.5 days
SHRM Certified Class
University of North Alabama is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
Why do people take the training?
|Needing a common language for collaboration
|Over 50 people trained and used the methodology
|Iowa City Area Development
|Accelerate Economic Development
|Chamber and minority leaders trained to build new ways of working together
|Department of Defense division
|Moving toward using collaboration skills in a hierarchy
|A collaboration methodology supported by leadership
|Appalachian Regional Commission- Shoals Business Incubator
|Expand the skills of innovation and entrepreneurship
|Trained local leaders in the methodology that expanded regional projects
What people are saying about Strategic Doing Practitioner Training
“Strategic Doing helps the Voinovich Academy accomplish its mission of building leadership capacity in Appalachian Ohio. It does this by providing our community-based partners tools to better lead complex collaborations and achieve positive outcomes that benefit the entire region. By learning the skills of Strategic Doing, our partners can effect real change as they face the region’s wicked problems. Thanks to the training provided by the Agile Strategy Lab, we now have a network of Strategic Doing Practitioners prepared to make change happen in their communities.”
-Deanna Clifford, University of Ohio, Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Service
Why choose the ASL for Strategic Doing Practitioner Training
- The ASL team has four Fellows certified to offer this course, and co-developed the course content. Often the course includes one or more authors of the book, “Strategic Doing: Ten Skills for Agile Leadership.”
- The ASL has the only online course that combines live sessions with videos, resource libraries, and other "learn on your schedule" components.
- The ASL offers both open enrollment Practitioner Training courses, or can create a customized training for your group