Find all the trainings the Lab is offering and the Third Thursday links below. Contact us with questions or to discuss a training at your organization.
- This event has passed.
March 5, 2018 - March 6, 2018
The best ideas and solutions paint a picture of a future that others can see, others can feel. They allow us to envision that future state and think, “life will be better when we get there!” Well-articulated ideas and solutions outline a clear call for action, some specific first steps we can take together to start down a new pathway. When our ideas and solutions address complex issues, clear pictures of destinations and pathways can be difficult to communicate.
That’s why we offer CommPlexity, a workshop that will equip you to clearly communicate complex issues and your ideas, solutions, and strategies for addressing them. CommPlexity is based on a proven methodology developed by organizational consultant Bob Sadler. We are thankful for Bob’s expertise and gracious generosity in helping us develop CommPlexity.
This learning experience is designed especially for leaders who work in science, technology, economic development, government, social change, and other complex fields. Here are some of the situations in which the competencies learned in a CommPlexity workshop have been effectively applied:
- A researcher presents findings or makes an appeal for funding
- A tech entrepreneur pitches a business plan
- An economic development professional shares a strategy for regional growth
- An IT manager implements a new solution across the enterprise
- A government leader explains a new policy initiative
- A civic leader builds new networks for complex collaborations
Here’s a video to tell you more.