The Rise of Agile Skills
In the modern workplace, agility has become a keyword for success. As “Agile” becomes increasingly prevalent in job descriptions and performance reviews, the quest for mastery in agile leadership and collaboration skills is more pressing than ever. However, finding comprehensive learning opportunities to cultivate these skills can be a challenge.
Agile Leadership Education at UNA
Recognizing this gap, the University of North Alabama (UNA) has integrated a groundbreaking course into its Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) program. Titled “Leading Complex Collaborations,” this course is a deep dive into the world of agile strategy and leadership. It equips students with the skills to navigate and lead through the complexities of modern organizational challenges, teaching them to design and implement effective collaboration events. This initiative is part of our broader effort to prepare leaders for the dynamic demands of today’s—and tomorrow’s—business environments.
Transformative Learning Experiences
The response from students participating in this course has been overwhelmingly positive. The curriculum, characterized by its fast pace and interactivity, bridges theory with practice. Students engage directly with real-life scenarios, applying agile methodologies to achieve remarkable outcomes. Success stories from the classroom include substantial cost savings, enhanced business differentiation, rapid quality improvements, and more strategic team decision-making processes.
Students have reported using the skills to:
- Reduce machine maintenance costs by over $500,000 per year.
- Increasing business in a targeted area allows them to be more differentiated.
- Overcoming a quality issue and implementing changes quickly.
- Achieve stronger better decisions as a team to improve their business.
These examples highlight the direct impact of agile skills on business success.
Applying Agile Skills Beyond the Classroom
The application of agile skills can significantly enhance various aspects of business operations, from improving product delivery and customer satisfaction to increasing competitiveness and overall organizational performance. Whether within UNA’s MBA program or through customized training offerings, the Agile Strategy Lab is committed to disseminating these crucial skills.
A few Questions:
- Could you improve the delivery, quality, and customer satisfaction?
- Could you improve your competitiveness?
- Could you raise your organization’s results to ever higher levels?
Opportunities for Agile Learning
For those eager to embrace agile leadership, several pathways are available:
- UNA’s MBA Program: Dive into agile leadership as part of your graduate studies.
- Agile Strategy Lab – Online Courses: Enroll in one of our online courses
- Custom Workshops: Develop a custom course that meets your specific needs.
- In-Person Training: Have our team bring the course to your university, business, or agency.
Your Next Steps
Embracing agile skills can dramatically improve how teams and organizations operate. For more information on bringing agile leadership into your workplace or to consult on customized training solutions, reach out to us. Start your journey towards agile mastery today and unlock the potential to drive transformative results in your professional sphere.
Janyce Fadden is Director of Strategic Engagement at the UNA College of Business & Technology, which hosts the UNA Agile Strategy Lab. A co-author of Strategic Doing: 10 Skills for Agile Leadership, she focuses on innovation pipeline strategy and other business engagement projects.