The feedback we received from participants in the Lab’s programs is that no one ever showed them how to work with teams or how their collaboration skills could be improved. There are many ways for you to learn about teaming and collaboration; we’re grateful you’re spending a few minutes reading this blog post about how the Agile Strategy Lab might be useful.
Our world of personal and business life is changing at a pace that is frustrating and exhilarating at the same time. For many of us, our training on managing our personal and business needs taught us to think in a hierarchical way – which, for many situations, is now outdated. Horizontal organizing is growing in popularity: people who do not report to each other yet need to accomplish work together. Today’s world needs a combination of both hierarchical and horizontal methodologies to design solutions that will get great results. As we all become more and more connected, there are more ways for us to approach the complex problems and opportunities that face regions, communities, companies, institutions, and our own lives.
Engage in New Ways of Thinking
The Agile Strategy Lab was developed to help you learn new ways of thinking, behaving and doing for this changing world. Our staff and our partners focus on creating ways to help you prosper in today’s dynamic business ecosystem. Here are several ways that you can engage with the Agile Strategy Lab.
- Join us monthly for our webinar (called Third Thursday). In this fast one-hour session, you are in direct contact with agile strategy leaders. After a brief presentation, you can ask questions and add to your agile strategy expertise. After the webinar, the recording is made available on our website.
- Receive our monthly newsletter, which includes recaps of blog posts from agile leaders and information about upcoming programs, including our training courses.
- Explore our website to learn where we are going next, read testimonials from past clients, see past blogs and webinars, and learn about our upcoming training opportunities. Most importantly, you’ll be able to fill out the Contact Us form if you have a question, and we will get right back to you.
- Follow us on LinkedIn at Agile Strategy Lab to see what we are up to as we post about our work and that of our alumni and colleagues.
- Enroll in one of our courses, available online or in person at our beautiful campus in Florence, Alabama. If you have a group, we can tell you that more than 50 groups have done just that in the last three years.
Join Our Community
We look forward to meeting you and having you join our growing community.
Janyce Fadden is Director of Strategic Engagement at the UNA College of Business & Technology, which hosts the UNA Agile Strategy Lab. A co-author of Strategic Doing: 10 Skills for Agile Leadership, she focuses on innovation pipeline strategy and other business engagement projects.